It’s our favourite time of the year, Christmas holidays! Here are important travel tips:
- Notify case manager of travel plans in the NT
- Submit a travel request to case manager if away from home more than 1 night
- Interstate travel:
- Submit a travel request to case manager for all travel outside the NT (submit travel request at least four weeks prior)
- International Travel:
- Submit a travel request to case manager for all international travel (submit request at least six months prior)
- Ensure young person has passport
- Travel insurance
- Submit financial assistance request to case manager (if required)
It’s our favourite time of the year – Christmas holidays!
As you plan your holidays involving the young person or child in your care, it’s important to let Territory Families know where you are going and how long you’ll be away. You’ll need approval if the child or young person in your care is travelling outside of the Northern Territory, in Australia or overseas. You’ll also need approval if you are going to be away for more than one night, even if you stay within the NT.
So, get in early and allow plenty of time for Territory Families to approve your requests. That way, you’ll avoid disappointment and enjoy a stress-free holiday!
For carers in the Southern Region, it’s a good idea to avoid the rush and drop Territory Families an email to [email protected] as soon as possible, at least 4 weeks before the proposed travel.
If you need more information on how to prepare for upcoming travel, contact our office on 1300 030 928